Warm, fresh banana bread is a delicious treat that’s just so good, anytime. Personally, I love a thick slice of it with my morning or afternoon coffee. It’s also one of those foods that – while sweet – you don’t have to feel too guilty about indulging in. There’s just something that’s so wholesome about banana bread–it’s an ideal afternoon snack for the kids and great to share with friends and neighbors. This particular recipe is super moist and rich and makes three loaves (hence the name)! That way, you can keep one and give some to loved ones, or you can freeze a couple to keep on hand for later (this recipe freezes wonderfully!)
Before you start working with ingredients, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour three different loaf pans. (I prefer Pyrex pans, especially if you plan to pop one of these in the freezer later).
Once that’s done, you’re going to cream together the butter, sugar and eggs using an electric mixer.
In separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt. Then stir them all together until they are well-combined.
Alternately add the dry ingredients and the buttermilk to creamed mixture until everything is mixed together.
Once ingredients are combined, you get to mash the bananas! (Got kids? Give them the job of “mashers!”)
Once they’re mashed, add the bananas and vanilla extract to the rest of the mixture and beat on low speed till completely mixed.
Pour mixture into your three prepared loaf pans, dividing batter equally between them.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Thoroughly cool in wire racks before removing bread from the loaf pans. Running a butter knife around the edge should finish loosening the bread so that it comes out easily and cleanly.
Enjoy your banana bread and don’t forget to share a loaf with someone you care about!
This delicious, moist banana bread recipe is perfect for enjoying with a hot cup of coffee or tea in the morning or afternoon. Because banana bread is one of those treats that is always better shared with friends, this recipe makes three loafs!
4 cups flour
3 cups flour
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup buttermilk (with 1 teaspoon baking soda added to it)
2 cups mashed bananas (6–8 bananas depending on size)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour 3 loaf pans (I prefer Pyrex pans)
3. Cream together:
1 cup butter, 3 cups sugar, and 4 eggs in electric mixer
4. In separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt – stir together
5. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to creamed mixture till well combined.
6. Once ingredients are combined add mashed bananas and vanilla to mixture and beat on low speed till completely mixed.
7. Pour mixture into your three prepared loaf pans dividing batter equally betwee them.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Thoroughly cool in wire racks before removing bread from the loaf pans. Running a butter knife around the edge should finish loosening the bread so that it comes out easily and cleanly.
This bread freezes wonderfully!