These easy and adorable cookies would be so much fun to make while studying lions with your little ones! No baking required—just decorating fun!
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt yellow candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each cookie into melted candy. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper.
- Immediately decorate with orange sprinkles, using a clean piping tip to protect the middle of the “face.” Remove the piping quickly with a slight twist.
- While the candy is still wet, press candy eyeballs and mini chocolate chips (as the nose) into place.
- Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container as room temperature.