This delicious, moist banana bread recipe is perfect for enjoying with a hot cup of coffee or tea in the morning or afternoon. Because banana bread is one of those treats that is always better shared with friends, this recipe makes three loafs!
4 cups flour
3 cups flour
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup buttermilk (with 1 teaspoon baking soda added to it)
2 cups mashed bananas (6–8 bananas depending on size)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour 3 loaf pans (I prefer Pyrex pans)
3. Cream together:
1 cup butter, 3 cups sugar, and 4 eggs in electric mixer
4. In separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, and salt – stir together
5. Alternately add dry ingredients and buttermilk to creamed mixture till well combined.
6. Once ingredients are combined add mashed bananas and vanilla to mixture and beat on low speed till completely mixed.
7. Pour mixture into your three prepared loaf pans dividing batter equally betwee them.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Thoroughly cool in wire racks before removing bread from the loaf pans. Running a butter knife around the edge should finish loosening the bread so that it comes out easily and cleanly.
This bread freezes wonderfully!