These beautiful butterfly cupcakes are perfect for spring and so fun to make! The butterfly design is made out of pretzels and candies, so your decoration is sure to turn out pretty, every time. These would be beautiful for Easter, a baby shower or a birthday. Because it is a fun and easy design, this would also be an awesome cupcake to make with kids!
- 12 cupcakes from your favorite recipe or boxed mix
- 2 to 3 cups blue frosting (Pictured: Pillsbury Funfetti Aqua Blue Vanilla Frosting, 15.6-Ounce)
- 1 cup white frosting (Pictured: Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Frosting, Vanilla, 16 Oz)
- 24 miniature pretzels
- 48 candy coated chocolate pearls such as Sixlets
- Place blue frosting in a piping bag fitted with a 2A icing tip. Pipe frosting in a layer on cupcakes in a spiral motion from the center to the outside of the cupcake.
- Place white frosting in a piping bag fitted with a 1M icing tip. Pipe two small stars to one side on top of the cupcake.
- Line 4 chocolate pearls beside the white “cloud.” Press to attach to the frosting.
- Press one pretzel into each side of the chocolate pearls as the butterfly’s wings.