Recipe for 2 servings.
This homemade casserole has a deliciously tangy taste with a tender and soft texture. This makes a romantic Valentine’s dinner.
You can get creative and season with your own blend of favorite seasonings!
You may also want to skip the salt, since the cheeses are naturally salty.
Tip: be careful with the salt; cordon bleu cheese is quite salty.
- Olive oil or other oil to brown the chicken before assembling.
- 1/2-pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. If making this for a family of 4, use a pound of chicken breasts.
- 1 tomato
- 3 oz. cordon bleu cheese
- 1 1/2 oz. mozzarella cheese for decoration
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp. sour cream
- 1/2 tsp each of coriander, garlic powder, and smoked paprika
- Some thyme, salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Place the chicken in a pan with a little bit of olive oil (or whatever oil you like to use) and sprinkle with pepper. Brown the chicken for a few minutes on each side. We just want to get a little color; the chicken does not need to be fully cooked.
- Grease the casserole dish and put the pieces of chicken into the casserole dish. Salt and sprinkle with spices. We have listed coriander, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and thyme. However, use your preferred seasonings. Make an even layer of chicken in the pan.
- Cut the tomato into small pieces and place the tomato on top of the chicken.
- Mix the egg and sour cream in a bowl, add a pinch of salt. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this egg mixture over the chicken, coating evenly.
- Grate the bleu cheese on a grater. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake in a 350°F oven until golden, about 1 hour.
- Cut the slices of mozzarella cheese into heart shapes, brush each side with a bit of oil, and fry them for just a minute or two in an oiled frying pan.
- Decorate the top of the casserole with the cheese hearts. Sprinkle with dried parsley and serve.
Serve with a fresh salad and crusty bread! Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Bleu Cheese, Chicken Recipe,