This Strawberry Hamantaschen is light, flaky and filled with wonderful strawberry flavor! It’s the perfect treat to celebrate Purim this year!
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 ¼ cup flour (plus additional for flouring the surface)
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) cold butter
3 egg yolks, divided
2 tablespoons cold water
½ cup strawberry jam
- In a food processor, combine sugar, flour, and salt.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Add two egg yolks and pulse to combine.
- Slowly add the water, only adding enough to make the mixture stick together as a dough.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured sugar and knead two or three times, until the dough becomes smooth. Divide the dough in half and wrap each ball in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (To bake the entire batch together, you will need two baking sheets.)
- Roll the dough to ⅛ inch thickness and cut into a circle using a biscuit cutter, round cookie cutter, or drinking glass. Place the circles on the baking sheet. Continue reworking the dough until all circles are cut.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining egg yolk with a teaspoon of water to create an egg wash. Lightly brush each circle with the egg wash.
- Drop a teaspoon of jam in the center of each dough circle. Fold the circle into a triangle (folding the circle on three sides) and lightly press the corners into a point.
- Refrigerate the cookies for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.