On week nights, I often need something I can put together quickly for dinner! And it’s even better if I can make something that everyone loves. This quick and easy beef stroganoff recipe is truly quick and easy! And since it uses only one pan, there’s not a lot of mess to clean up. And it’s also super easy to make this recipe gluten free!
First, I washed, chopped, and sautéed my mushrooms. I like them in fairly large pieces, but you can chop them up smaller if your family likes them better that way. (Hint: If you have kids who don’t like mushrooms, leaving them in bigger pieces makes them easier to eat around.) Once the mushrooms are tender, set them aside in a bowl.
In the same pan that I used to cook my mushrooms, I browned my ground beef along with the onions and garlic. (Be sure to drain your ground beef after this step to keep your stroganoff from being too greasy.)
Next I added my spices, cornstarch, and beef broth.
Then I added my noodles (I used Tinkyada Brown Rice noodles since I eat gluten free, and yes, they are totally worth the price!!) and simmered until they were tender.
Once the noodles were tender and most of the liquid was absorbed, I added sour cream and the mushrooms I had set aside in step 1.
Then all I had to do was give it a gentle stir, and it was ready to eat! I was thrilled that everybody in the family loved this dish–even my pickiest eater! (I have one child who has autism, and she’s a super picky eater, and even she loved it!!)
This delicious, creamy beef stroganoff is easy to make in one pan, and it is so delicious! This recipe makes enough for a family of 4 or 5, so double it if you have a larger family or if you want leftovers.
1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz white button mushrooms (or whatever mushrooms you like)
2 tbsp butter
1/2 onion, diced
1 lb ground beef
2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch (or you may use 3 tbsp flour)
1 tsp paprika
6 cups beef broth (use only 4 cups of broth if you use egg noodles)
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cups Tinkyada Brown Rice Spirals (or you can use 4 cups of egg noodles)
1 cup sour cream
- Add olive oil to your pan over medium heat. Sautee mushrooms until tender–about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter, ground beef, chopped onion, and garlic powder. Stir until the meat is brown and onions are tender.
- Drain excess fat from the pan and return pan to stove.
- Add cornstarch, paprika, salt, and beef broth. Stir as you bring to a boil.
- Add noodles, and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer until noodles are tender and most of the liquid has absorbed. (For the Tinkyada noodles I used, this takes about 20 minutes. For egg noodles, it may only take about 8 or 10 minutes.)
- Once noodles are tender and most of the liquid has absorbed, return mushrooms to the pan and add sour cream.
- Stir gently to combine.
I used a little more sour cream for extra creamy stroganoff.
Keywords: one pan, beef