Kids are sure to love these fun, Pokémon-inspired cupcakes! While they look like something a professional baker would make, the Pokéball design is made simple by using fondant! We hope you have fun making them and enjoy them for all of your Pokémon-themed parties!
- 12 cupcakes (from your favorite recipe or boxed mix)
- 2 cups vanilla frosting (from your favorite recipe or canned frosting)
- 2 (4.4 ounce) containers red fondant
- 2 (4.4 ounce) containers white fondant
- 1 (4.4 ounce) containers black fondant
- Frost cupcakes with vanilla frosting.
- Roll out each colored fondant (to about ¼ cm thick).
- Using a circle cookie cutter or biscuit cutter, cut red and white fondant to the same size as as the cupcake. Then, use a knife to cut each circle in half.
- Position a white semicircle on the bottom of each cupcake and a red semi circle on the top of each cupcake. Press the fondant into place. Smooth any frosting that escapes under the fondant to create a clean edge.
- Use a small circle (like a piping tip) to cut circles from the black fondant. Also cut straight strips from the fondant the same length as the width of the cupcakes and about ½ inch wide.
- Place black strips across the seam between the red and white fondant. Then, place a black circle in the middle of each strip.
- From the remaining white fondant, use a straw to cut small circles. Or, use a small pinch of fondant to create a tiny round sphere and then press it flat. Gently press the small white circle on to the center of the black circle.