Breakfast or Dinner this Old Fashioned Sausage Gravy and Biscuits Recipe is a hit for the entire family. Under 30 minutes from stove to table!
- 10 biscuits (Frozen or canned)
- 12 ounces bulk Sausage (We prefer mild)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- black pepper (To taste)
- Heat a large skillet (we like to use a cast iron skillet when possible) over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, break it up and cook until well browned and cooked through, 7-10 minutes. It should look like cooked ground beef.
- Move the browned sausage to a bowl (save the rendered fat in the pan!)
- Whisk the flour into the fat and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Pour the milk into the skillet while whisking and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes until the gravy is thick.
- Stir in the sausage and season with pepper. Split the biscuits in half and divide them among plates.
- Top each biscuit with some of the gravy and serve immediately, or however you choose to eat it!
- Serving Size: 2 Biscuits
- Calories: 474
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 983
- Fat: 30
- Saturated Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 59
Keywords: Biscuits, Sausage, Gravy, 5 Ingredients or Less