Worried you’ll miss out on one of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes because of your low carb (or gluten free) way of eating? Worry no more! This delicious Low Carb, Gluten Free Thanksgiving Dressing is here to save the day!
4 cups low carb cornbread, cubed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 stalk celery, diced
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
½ teaspoon dried sage
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ to 2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cubed cornbread on baking sheet and toast in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes or until crunchy at the edges. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. To the olive oil, add the vegetables and cook until softened.
- In a large bowl, toss together cornbread, vegetables, and seasonings. Pour half of the chicken stock over the mixture and stir. Add additional chicken stock until the cornbread is moist but not soggy.
- Transfer dressing mixture to casserole dish and level the dressing. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is crispy and the middle is warm.