Looking something your kids can help prepare this Thanksgiving? These sweet-and-salty Rolo Turkey Candies are adorable, fun and easy to make!
Mini pretzel twists (1 for each treat) Candy corn (3 for each treat) Rolo caramel candies, unwrapped (1 for each treat) Small candy eyeballs Red or orange candy-coated chocolate candies (1 for each treat – I used M&Ms.) Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the pretzels on the baking sheet. Balance 3 candy corn candies on the pretzel and top with a Rolo candy.
- Carefully place in the oven and watch carefully until the Rolo candy is soft but not melted, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and while the candies are still soft, press one candy-coated chocolate candy into each Rolo. As you press the candy into the Rolo, the chocolate and caramel will push through the pretzel to attach everything together. Use orange to resemble the turkey’s beak or red to serve as the turkey’s wattle.
- Immediately press the candy eyeballs into place. A toothpick is the perfect tool for arranging and pressing the eyeballs without making a mess of the soft Rolo candy.
- Allow candies to harden to their unmelted state before serving. To speed the process, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Store at room temperature or in the refrigerator in an airtight container.