Gooey marshmellow, smooth chocolate, and crunchy graham cracker–yum! S’mores are a classic, fun dessert that everyone should be able to enjoy! If you are doing Keto or following a low-carb diet, you may have thought your s’mores days were behind you forever. However, we’re excited to bring you this delicious and low-carb S’mores treat that will delight your taste buds and help you power on in your low carb journey! Each serving only 4 net carbs!
Sugar free low carb marshmallows ( We used La Nouba from Amazon)
1 ¼ c Almond flour
3 tbsp Butter unsalted
¼ tsp Xanthan gum
½ tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
Kitchen torch (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, egg, butter, xanthan gum, baking powder, cinnamon and Swerve sweetener. Mix together on high until completely combined.
- Form the dough into a ball, and place in a Ziploc bag in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours. It is best to let the dough sit in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to make the graham crackers, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll the dough out between two pieces of parchment paper. You can make the graham cracker dough as thick or as thin as you would like your crackers to be, but try to make them all the same thickness so that they will cook evenly.
- Once rolled out, cut the dough into square shapes.
- Poke holes all over the surface of each cracker square with the tines of a fork.
- Place the dough squares on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for several minutes. The thicker you make your cracker dough, the more cookie like and less crispy they will be when finished. For crispier graham crackers, use a very thinly rolled dough.
- To assemble the s’more. Place one graham cracker face down on a plate, and put three squares of a Lily’s chocolate bar on top of it. Use a kitchen torch to lightly toast a keto friendly marshmallow on a skewer, and slide it onto the top of the chocolate with another graham cracker on top. You can toast the marshmallows over an open fire as well, just be careful not to burn them. The taste of keto friendly marshmallows change when they get burnt.
- Serving Size: 7
- Carbohydrates: 4 net