This recipe for Adobo Chicken Thighs is deliciously zingy and full of wonderful spices. Even better? You can cook it quickly to PERFECTION in your Instant Pot!
2 to 3 pounds chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup chicken broth
½ cup liquid aminos
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon cayenne
1 onion, sliced
3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper all sides of the chicken thighs.
- Set electric pressure cooker to “saute.” When the hot signal is displayed, pour olive oil into the liner. Place chicken thighs into the pressure cooker and brown on each side. Do not crowd the chicken. Cook in batches if needed, keeping the chicken warm as the other cooks.
- Remove chicken from pressure cooker and deglaze the bottom of the pot with chicken broth, scraping the bottom to remove any stuck pieces. Turn the electric pressure cooker off.
- In a large mixing cup or medium bowl, mix together the liquid aminos, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and cayenne.
- Arrange chicken thighs in the pressure cooker. Pour the liquid aminos mixture over the chicken. Top with onion slices and bay leaves.
- Attach the lid and set the valve to sealing. Program the pressure cooker on “manual” or “pressure cook” for 10 minutes on high. When the cooking cycle has completed, perform a quick release of the pressure.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil spritzed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer chicken from electric pressure cooker to baking sheet. Place under the broiler for 5 to 10 minutes or until the chicken skin has crisped, being careful not to burn.
- Meanwhile, set the pressure cooker to “saute” and allow to boil while the chicken broils. Reduce the sauce by half or until desired consistency.
- Move chicken back to pressure cooker and serve with sauce.
- Top with sliced green onions if desired.