This healthy and delicious sheetpan recipe combines chicken, vegetables smothered in the beautiful flavors of lemon, honey and garlic! Keep it as a go-to for those nights when you need a simple, fresh and tasty dinner!
3 to 4 split chicken breast
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 lemons, juiced
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 (12 ounce) bag fresh broccoli florets
1 onion, cut into chunks
1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, cleaned
1/2 package (about 6 ounces) sweet mini peppers
- Place chicken in a zip-top gallon freezer bag.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, honey, and seasonings until well blended. Pour over chicken, Seal bag and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on baking sheet lined with foil (for easier clean up) and sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Pour oil over vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Carefully remove sheet pan from oven and arrange vegetables around the chicken.
- Bake for an additional 40 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees and juices run clear.
Cook’s notes: Can’t marinate the chicken overnight? Allow the bag to rest on the counter while your oven preheats.