This recipe for old fashioned vanilla ice cream will cool you off and bring back happy childhood memories! It only takes 5 ingredients and less than an hour to make this delicious, homemade vanilla ice cream!
2 large eggs
¾ cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat eggs with electric mixer until light and foamy, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the sugar and continuing mixing until blended.
- Add cream, vanilla, and milk, blending until combined.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- For firmer ice cream, transfer ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 to 6 hours.
Make 1 quart liquid and about 1 ½ quart frozen.
In the Cuisinart Ice Cream 2 quart machine, this takes approximately 30 minutes to freeze into soft serve.