This fast and easy method results in festive graduation cupcakes that will impress any crowd! Using chocolate candy to create graduation caps, you can have stunning cupcakes for any graduation celebration ready in a very short amount of time!
12 cupcakes made from your favorite recipe or boxed mix
3 to 4 cups blue frosting (Pictured: Pillsbury Funfetti Aqua Blue Vanilla Frosting, 15.6-Ounce)
12 Rolo Chewy Caramels, unwrapped
12 Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares, unwrapped (Pictured: Ghirardelli Dark & Sea Salt Square Caramel Chocolate, 5.32 Oz.)
¼ cup yellow frosting (Pictured: Wilton Yellow Icing Pouch with Tips, 8oz)
Star sprinkles (Similar: Star Sugar Sprinkles)
- Place blue frosting in a piping bag fitted with a 2A icing tip. Pipe frosting in a layer on cupcakes in an inward, spiral motion creating a small mound in the center.
- Apply a small dot of frosting to the narrow part of the Rollo. Attach it to a chocolate square.
- On the smooth side of each chocolate square, pipe a curved line to represent the tassel. Add a small dot to the middle.
- Press each chocolate graduation cap into the top of each cupcake.
- Add star sprinkles around the candy.