These Aladdin-inspired Oreos are so easy and fun to make with kids! They would be perfect treats, or make-and-take party favors, for an Aladdin-themed birthday party!
1 (15.35 ounce) package Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
2 (12 ounce) packages purple or lavender candy melts wafers
1 (12 ounce) package blue candy melts wafers
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt purple candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each cookie into melted chocolate. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed the process, cookies can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
- Melt blue candy coating according to package directions. Transfer melted candy to a piping bag or zip top freezer bag with the corner snipped. Create a swirl on top of the cookies from the middle to the edge.
- Decorate with golden sprinkles.
- Allow cookies to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.