Disney’s live-action Aladdin is one of the biggest films of the summer! If you want to bring some of the movie’s magic into your kitchen, these Aladdin-inspired Oreo cookies are for you! They look amazing but are so incredibly easy. These cookies would be the perfect treat to make for a child’s Aladdin themed birthday party! (If you are here to prep for an Aladdin birthday party, be sure to check out our Aladdin-Inspired Cupcakes, too!)
Like character of Aladdin, these Oreo cookies receive a rags-to-riches makeover in this recipe. The design does all the talking: a stylistic swirl of “Genie” blue, over “Aladdin” purple, and gold sparkles to represent the magical lamp! You don’t have to bake anything to make these beautiful and tasty treats–it’s all about adding the glitz and glamour. Because these cookies are so easy and fun to create, they are also perfect for making with children! If you are hosting an Aladdin birthday party, these could even be great make-and-take party favors!
If you’re gluten free, like I am, you can still enjoy this treat! I just swap the Oreos with these gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies!
Before you get started, line a pan with parchment paper! Next, melt your purple (or lavender) melting chocolates. You can use a double boiler or melt them in the microwave in 10 second bursts (stop and stir between each burst.) As you stir, check for a smooth consistency that will be thin enough to dip your Oreo cookies into. If it seems too thick, add a little bit of coconut oil and stir some more.
When your chocolate is the right consistency, dip the cookies in one at a time. When each cookie is completely coated, let the excess drip back into the container of melting chocolate and lay the cookie on the parchment paper.
Let the chocolate cool and harden on the cookies. You can put them in the refrigerator to speed up this process! Once the purple chocolate has solidified, it’s time to melt your blue chocolate. Again, make sure the consistency is smooth and pour-able, adding coconut oil if needed. Pour the melted blue chocolate into a piping bag with the tip cut off and decorate each cookie with a magical swirl pattern!
Garnish your Aladdin Oreo cookies with some golden sprinkles! Allow the blue swirl to harden (this will also secure your glitzy sprinkles to the cookies) and store in an airtight container.
Are you planning to make these cookies for a birthday party or other special event? We want to know! We hope you have fun making and eating them.
These Aladdin-inspired Oreos are so easy and fun to make with kids! They would be perfect treats, or make-and-take party favors, for an Aladdin-themed birthday party!
1 (15.35 ounce) package Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
2 (12 ounce) packages purple or lavender candy melts wafers
1 (12 ounce) package blue candy melts wafers
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt purple candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Dip each cookie into melted chocolate. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed the process, cookies can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
- Melt blue candy coating according to package directions. Transfer melted candy to a piping bag or zip top freezer bag with the corner snipped. Create a swirl on top of the cookies from the middle to the edge.
- Decorate with golden sprinkles.
- Allow cookies to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.