This decadent take on classic carrot cake incorporates pineapple and walnuts! It’s easy to make and would be the perfect treat to share with friends and family alongside some coffee or tea!
- 1 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cups butter (softened)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl combine flour,baking powder,baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl cream together sugar, eggs, and vegetable oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Then in order add the carrots, pineapple, and walnuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 about 40-45 mins until toothpick comes out clean
- Combine all ingredients and mix.
- Microwave until pourable.
- Drizzle over warm loaf.